The Art Of Being Happy
“The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Can you be happy even when things are not going your way?
Perhaps you are going through some things in your life that are difficult and stressful.
As someone who has been there a few times, I know that we have to cherish the small moments that bring us happiness.
These are 5 things that make me happy:
- When my older daughter comes to me with a problem and I listen to her and realize just how old and wise she is getting.
- When I give my younger daughter a pedicure and she opens up to me about her life as I massage her feet.
- When Dale does things for me around the house without me ever asking.
- When I go for a walk in the woods and observe all the trees and their nuances and think about how long the forest has been there.
- When I wake up in the morning and know that the day is full of possibilities. Talking to new people, learning new things, doing a job I love and living life as I want to.
What things make you happy?
Be specific if you can.
Comment and tell me more about what makes you happy.
Here is another post I wrote to about being happy.